TilePix’s Guide to Decorating Your First Apartment
Author: Alyssa D'Orazio
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you just signed a lease to your very first apartment. We know there is a lot running through your head right now, so before you tackle that ‘to-do list’ on your phone, we’d like to be the first to say congratulations!
Real talk: Having a space that is entirely your own is a big deal, and figuring out how to make that space feel true to yourself can be an overwhelming task. As you embark on this new adventure, we understand how important it is to make your apartment feel like a true reflection of yourself. That's where TilePix comes in — we challenge you to Make It Your Self! With our tools and your creative expression, we're here to help you transform your space into the perfect sanctuary that channels your unique style.
Plus, decorating your space to represent your taste can only have a positive impact on your health, which is all we can ask for when moving somewhere new.
As you start to pull together inspo for your apartment, there are a few key things to remember:
- Show off your personal style. This is your space, after all! Your first apartment may be temporary, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t reflect the personalities of the people who live in it. Take inspiration from some of your favorite pieces already in your collection and build the perfect gallery wall around them.
- Customize, customize, customize. Generic prints that don’t reflect your style are out, and personalized photos are in. Showcase your vibe through your favorite photos, art and designs on our classic TilePix to bring your vision to life
- Look at current design trends for inspo. Moving into your first apartment is a transitional time, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with options. While we love a trend, make sure you don’t get wrapped up in what's hot at the moment. Consider what elements appeal most to you and put them towards a design that is uniquely yours.
- Just because it’s a rental, doesn’t mean it can’t be pretty. Add removable wallpaper to create a stand out statement wall, for something nice to look at instead of a white wall. Whether you’re feeling groovy or seeking tranquility, we have the perfect wallpaper for you. Just peel and stick, with no damage to your walls.
- If removable wallpaper is too much of a commitment, check out our Wall Stickers; they’re just as chic, but takes up less real estate
- Embrace change. Don’t feel boxed in by your choices! Your style may change in time and you may want to shake up your vibe on a moment's notice. Lucky for you, we encourage that. Our Stick&Slide magnetic technology means no nails and no damage to your walls (no, really). Just peel, stick and slide if you want a change.
We know it can be tough knowing where to start when you have blank space to fill. For our indecisive friends, we’ve created Wall Bundles just for you, catering to all different unique styles, so there is something for everyone.
Inspired to give your new home the love it deserves? Visit TilePix.com to get started and don't worry – all TilePix hang with magnetic technology, never nails, so you will most definitely be seeing your security deposit again.